Monday 23 March 2015

#RIPLKY

I woke up this morning like all mornings. It was a Monday. The start of the week. And the weekends had just ended.

As per usual, I pick-up my Samsung Note 4 and started looking through Facebook and Twitter.

Scrolling, I came across a tweet - It carried the news of the passing of Singapore's founding father : Mr. Lee Kuan Yew at 3.18am on 23.2.2015 at the age of 91, at Singapore's National University Hospital. Almost immediately, I tuned into Channel News Asia and true enough, it was showing memoriam videos and historical clips of Mr Lee Kuan Yew as Prime Minister of Singapore during his early political life right up to the time of his passing.

I learned of how great a visionary he was. How world leaders looked upon him as a mentor and teacher. How he made Singapore what it is today. Amazing.

Watching his old rally speeches, I admire how eloquent he was and continued to be until the very end. What he set out to do, he did.What a remarkable individual. A double starred, 1st class honours Law degree holder from Cambridge. Top of his class. Better than his Cambridge peers.  What a role model to look-up to.

#RIPLKY
 

No comments:

Post a Comment