Friday 9 August 2013

Sushi Zanmai @ Gurney Paragon

 
Sushi Zanmai has finally reached the shores of Penang island. I remember first eating at this outlet in The Gardens Mall, midvalley, KL. That was way back in 2011/2012 I think. So, now it has opened it's first outlet in Gurney Paragon :)


It's abit small compared to other outlets. And the whole chain of food outlet under the SuperSushi brand opened next to each other here at Gurney Paragon. There's Sushi Zanmai, Rakuramen, and Pasta Zanmai on the same floor, situated next to each other, side by side. Oh, not forgetting the Hokkaido Ice cream too!! (well, that's another post altogether)

This post will be about Sushi Zanmai alone :)

Before I begin, may I just say that the line queuing to get a table to Sushi Zanmai was a crazy 30-45min wait. The queue was THAT long!! And there were crazy amounts of people just willing to queue to get in. Yes, I was one of those crazy people... :)) I went there on 1st August.

And even days after their opening special ended, the lines of people waiting to eat at Sushi Zanmai was still as long...talk about good business!


Nice ambiance in the restaurant.
Loved the circle booths, which we sat in! Super comfortable, and it gives good privacy.


Here's the menu... well, part of it...
Drinks
See the top left hand corner? I never knew there were so many was to prepare green tea drinks... *feeling excited*



Their opening offer was this plate of salmon. Five thick slices of raw salmon for RM8.80 (N.P 10.50) The salmon was so fresh and tasty! It simply felt like gelatine in your mouth... just melting.. aaaaa :)

 I ordered this salad too. It's a combination of raw salmon, avocado and fish roe, topped with radish and lettuce. RM7.80 I found the portion size was smaller than expected.

 

Chawanmushi. But theirs was a bit special. In it had brown mushrooms, and a WHOLE prawn, and fish cakes. The usual chawanmushi-s that I've tasted so far, didn't have a whole prawn. And it was NOT a miserablely small prawn. RM4.90 Super worth it :))
 
Next-up was spicy unagi maki. Very good!!! RM12.90 I like the sweetness of the unagi in the center and the crunchy-ness of the fried crabstick on top. The mayo/sauce that came with it just sealed the deal on this dish. YUM!



So here's the overview of what we ordered...

 

I'll be posting about Pasta Zanmai and Rakuzen in my following posts... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment