Monday 23 March 2015

It's ALIVE...

Yes, you read right! My blog is a-l-i-v-e again! Hear my confessions here

So I'm back and ready to blog!

I though i'd share with you peeps out there a little hobby i only recently cultivated - Baking!
Ever since moving into this new place of mine, I brought a long several survival tools. Amongst them is none other than your trusty microwave oven. I know my brother has been going on-and-on, and on about how microwaving your food might be a health hazard and all, I can't help but see it for all its convenience and efficiency in heating your food and cooking within minutes.

Hands-up all you microwave users out there!

And... recently, I found this YOUTUBE video showing you how to make cakes and quiches - in a mug in seconds! Sounds amazing right?
The best part of it all is that the portion size is for ONE. So i don't over eat and don't have to do a bunch of messy clean-up. I'm literally screaming awesome!

Here's a batch of muffins I baked in a Microwave.

Cake batter with fresh blueberries and chocolate bits in yellow polka-doted cupcake trays

Microwaved muffins ready to serve!

Sample of my homemade muffin. It's cooked through and through in just minutes. Soft and fluffy and fresh. Yumz!
For those of you who were wondering, I used emergency chocolate bars for the chocolate bits in my muffins. Delish!


For the sake of experimenting, I also baked a batch of muffins using a mini electric oven. These took 30 mins as oppose to 5 mins in the microwave.
The results? See for yourselves...

Oven baked muffins. 
The oven baked ones had a lovely golden brown crust over the top and bottoms. Tastes just as good.. and if I must say so myself, looks so much better than the microwaved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment