Thursday 31 October 2013

HardRock Café Penang

 
Penang has its very own Hard ROCK café! Like many of their outlets, this one is as awesome! To be honest, I have been wanting to dine at hardrock cafes since undergrad. Or rather, since getting envious of my brother who has been to various Hardrock cafés throughout the world! like the one in Bali, Phuket, Singapore... etc. 
 So I thought to myself, let's just start in Malaysia first... and lo and behold, Hardrock opens one in Penang. Right at my door step! hehe. Somethings are just meant to be...

 On the of the many Fridays in October, on the 11th of October to be exact, a bunch of  peeps from work got together to have a good time...at Hardrock café.
I was there mainly for the food... the rest were there for the drinks and the live band. The gang reserved tables just right infont of the stage just to gawk at the live band whom they thought were playing that night.

I ordered their avocado club sandwich... which cost RM30++ and was pretty disappointing when it arrived. THe description in the menu was a whole lot of something else... but the food was another thing to be desired. Anyway, the sandwich was so-so la... with dry chicken breast, hard bacon amd avocado, and lettuce.. sandwiched between toasts... I could have been this at home :(
OK, nvm.. told myself I was here to enjoy the HArdRock experience...!

 The gang ordered drinks... which I couldn't take because I don't drink.. and don't like the taste of alcohol... pathetically, I just drank the fruit juice (which I only just found out was called 'mixer' to be mixed with the alcohol).. which was ok..

 At 10.30pm, the live band started! *excited*

A group of peeps with 3 main singers taking turns singing main solos and being back-ups, 2 guitarist (one bass, one melody), 1 keyboard, 1 drummer...

The girls were disappointed it wasn't the actual band that they had front row tables for. Our initial impressions were that they were gonna be not up to par. But when they started singing, boy they ROCKED the crowd!! They were super AWESOME! The ang-mos were holding up their handphone and lighters swaying to the music they were playin'. Most started singing along to the rock songs they were playing.... Amongst the songs played was Adele's - Someone like you, Set fire to the rain, Bon Jovi's - Living on a prayer, Oasis'- Stop crying your heart out, Tina turner's - The best... and many more!!!


This band CAN SING! I loved their vocals!! SUper PRO!! I was quite impressed! Only problem was that, because we had front row seats, I was fast going deaf.... the music was too loud...just too LOUD for my liking. I know you peeps reading this would be rolling your eyes saying "you're in a nightclub, and a rock club to be precise; music's suppose to be played LOUD"... I know, I know... believe me.. I KNOW... but to me, my hearing is more important than looking cool at a night club. So I let about 11pm... (pathethic, I know).

On the upside, I managed to get the Hardrock experience I've always wanted... and I did feel cool in a nightclub.. and I can safely say I was 'rocking' it out at HardRock café, no doubt :)

Brownie RM30 ++

Loved this dessert... YUMMEH

The ambiance of the night... HardRock Café Penang
 

No comments:

Post a Comment