Tuesday 29 October 2013

Malaysia IT Fair @ SPICE, Bayan Baru - IT haul

Colourful bags of my IT fair Haul
 Once again, SPICE or better known as Subterranean Penang International Convention & Exhibition Centre.. also formerly known as PISA is hosting another computer/IT fair called the Malaysian IT Fair 2013.
My loot from the IT fair
 It was held from 18-20th of October 2013. And I managed to go there on their last day. It's usual for the prices to be brought down further on the last day of the fair, hence the super duper large amount of patrons at the SPICE that day... me included!

I was hunting for bargains on pendrives, since I've been needing a way to transfer my data from my 'clean' computer to other 'not-so-safe' computers. Also, my car now uses the thumbdrive for mp3s as well as my LG flat-screen.. which also can project photos... !! See, the many many uses of the pendrive these days... And I need to make sure there's no virus going round! So, I concluded, I needed more pendrives.. the more the merrier :)

This TOSHIBA flash drive cost me RM18

This PenDrive cost RM21

The back of both the TOSHIBA & PenDrive boxes



 This PNY USB Drive has got to be the most expensive buy of the day costing RM26!!
I suppose you pay for the design and size...
 
 I found this super handy... ad felt a little cheated when I picked this up for RM8 and found another stall selling it in black for RM7.  All along, I wanted the black, and there it was selling at another shop for even cheaper! and in the colour I wanted!! Goes to show that you DO need to shop around before buying... the best deals are always found at the very last of shops.. hehe
 
I didn't take a close-up picture of the black USB charger because i'd already taken it out of the box and started using it :)

This year, the craze was about Western Digital's new Passport external hard drive 500MB going for RM169 with the latest password feature. The older model also for 500MB without the password feature was going for only RM155. I figured I didn't need the extra space as I already have 3 external hard drives at home, all not fully utilised. So, I was content with my pendrive haul for this time round :)

Total expenditure: RM7 + RM8 + RM18 + RM26 + RM21 = RM80

 

No comments:

Post a Comment