Thursday 17 October 2013

Shopping at Tesco Penang


I think the title to this blog entry is self-explanatory. I went grocery shopping the other day at Tesco's and I wanted to find imported items carried and sold at our local Tesco outlet. Here's what I found... and obviously bought :)

 First up are these chocolate FINGERS... at the back of the packaging it says it's produced in the UK for Tesco.
produced in the UK

 Next, I found these cute packets of mini oat cookies by Quaker. The packaging was so adorable and colourful, I bought all 3 flavours in their respective colours.. (boy, am I a sucker for all things cute). They came in chocolate chip (red), honey nuts (yellow) and raisins (purple). At one glance, I thought for sure these were locally made, but lo and behold, when I flipped the packet to the back, it read: "Country of origin: Philippines". How cool is that?



Country of origin: Philippines
 While I was in the same biscuit aisle, I found this: Kjeldsens Butter cookies! Brought back found memories of my childhood. Ooh, I remember growing up with these butter cookies... which we bought usually around the Christmas season. And because it was expensive, back then, we only had these cookies during the festive season. Now, to my surprise, they have come-up with a small mini packaging, more for people 'on-the-go', who can now take it to work or to school - convenient. Quite a good idea too!

And judging from the brand name, it's no surprise that this too is an imported product of Denmark.
Produced in Denmark

The last thing I wanted to post-up is this Cadbury milk chocolate bar. Yes, I know has been around since forever... and is a British company but they have set-up factories in Malaysia.. .and guess what.. this is made in Malaysia :)

Buatan Malaysia
The real reason I wanted to put this up is that when I was at Tesco, Cadbury was having a promotion for the Raya season. They were offering free message stamping on the back of the chocolate bar! Super cool, huh! And with that, I am guessing that now you know I procrastinated this blog entry from August till now (Raya was in August) ... ooppss... hehehe.


And, because I had it stamped, I still haven't eaten the chocolate bar yet... so sayang to makan  (translation: too precious to be eaten)

It's amazing how many things found at our local supermarkets/hypermarkets, are imported. We're lucky we don't have to travel overseas to get these things to enjoy. I'm sure if you go to a local store near you, you too can find items which have been imported.

That way, the world is brought a little closer to you... and I'm saying this from a perspective where I'm missing traveling.. and visiting new countries... well, now I can 'pretend' I'm in a foreign land looking at the imported food items :) hehe...

PS: just wish I was sponsored for blogging about the yummy food items I just talked about... haha...

PPS: This blog entry was NOT sponsored. :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment