Saturday 26 October 2013

Gusto Café @ Tanjung Bunga

 
I only recently got to know about the existence of Gusto café from a friend via facebook. These days, publicity through social media is that effective!
 
So there I was trying to figure out where in the midst of tanjung bunga this little café was... Needless to say, I went about a round-a-bout route with my trusty GPS only to find  out that there was a much shorter way to get to Gusto's.
 
For all the new peeps who are not from Tanjung Bungah and are thinking of looking for 4 Jalan Sungai Kelian, well, I've got it easy for you. If you know where Flamingo Hotel is, well, it's opposite it! Take the turning on the left into a row of shoplots where famous eateries are also located eg. Vintage Bulgaria / Ingolf Kneipe German Restaurant, and keep going straight till you come to a Petron petrol station. Gusto's is right next to it. See, easy!


 Gusto café is actually in a residential area/house converted into a café.

 
The menu is right above the counter. They serve both breakfast & lunches....

Menu black board


 The café also has a downstairs area which I think used to be the house's sitting room... and garden. the stairs you see in the picture above takes you there...


Right next to this gorgeous wooden cupboard is the kitchen :)


So here's what we ordered...
a Latte (RM7) & Earl grey tea (RM5/cup)

 I was a bit disappointed that the earl grey tea, having cost RM5 (which is a lot) came in a teabag by the side of the cup and not already brewed :(
Also, we had to ask for milk. They didn't readily provide milk for your tea.

I suppose not many of their usual customers like to take their tea with milk? Which let me to google if Earl Grey tea was meant to be taken on it's own without milk... and my google search came up as ..."you can take it with or without milk, basically however you want to"... hahaha

 My coffee latte was simply the best! There was no sour aftertaste, just the way I like coffee to taste... Plus, it came with a 'heart' :) Although I still think it's a bit pricy for a place like this...

Now to the food....
I had bagels with smoked salmon... I specially changed the toast to a bagel with an extra charge of RM4 for it. (since it was recommended by another blogger)... Unfortunately, the bagel was not to my liking... it was hard and under toasted? But the eggs were perfectly cooked! I enjoyed the eggs & salmon... just not the bagel
 

 The English breakfast was so-so. It was served with a sunny-side-up, with baked beans, bacon and toast. The beans were a bit hard for our liking.


All in all the total damaged cost for breakfast for 2 was RM43...

I liked the ambiance of the place... and their delicious latte... Apparently, this place is quite popular with expatriates living in the area. There were many of them there, some already dining, some waiting for a table... I suppose that's the reason for the pricing...

But on the upside, no GST or service charge :)

Check-out their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/JasonsGustoCafe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment