Saturday 1 June 2013

Cassis @ Bellisa Row

Back in March, specifically, 3rd March 2013, I was invited to a talk which was held at Cassis, locating along Bellisa Row in Pulau Tikus.
It was a wine and dine session as well.
 
Below's the Menu for that evening
 



 The 1st course was Smoked duck salad with orange segments, candied pecan, and sherry vinaigrette. Sorry no pic for the salad... I was abit self conscious to snap pictures in the beginning...


 
The 2nd course was pumpkin soup. This was thick and hot and yummy...
 
 The 3rd course was chicken thigh - with cheese, watercress, grape and port wine reduction. I liked this dish very much! Loved the idea of combining all flavours with grape too

The 4th course was the mains... we had a choice of seabass or steak. I chose the fish


Portion was small. The fish was abit too salty for my liking. The whole dinner took too long to come. I suppose they were having trouble keeping-up with serving for a large group of 20 plus people.
Perhaps dining there not in a huge group, would be better??


Oh, they served us either white or red wine. Since I knew I was going to have the seabass, I chose white wine... but white was is always sour.... in general...

 The 5th course was dessert! Crème bruleé...

This too, took some time to come... by the time we all had finished, it was time to go home...

All in all, a good experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment