Saturday 5 November 2011

Samsung Galaxy Note N7000

Just 1 day ago, I only knew of the existance of the Samsung Galaxy SII. And just yesterday, when I had finally made-up my mind to buy it, I found out from this Samsung sales lady about the Samsung Galaxy Note! Well, she did try to distract me by saying that the Samsung Galaxy Note will probably take sometime before it actually hit Malaysian stores - indicating that I should get the Galaxy SII instead of waiting for a date that nobody knows as yet. She said might even be next year...

I thank my lucky starts i didn't take her word for it and decided to NOT buy the Samsung Galaxy SII that day, and to go do some research on this new anticipated Samsung Galaxy Note which has yet to reach Malaysian stores.

A quick Google search on Samsung Galaxy Note and *bamm* - one website quoting that the Samsung Galaxy Note would be launching in South East Asia NEXT WEEK!! OMG! and today's already the 5th, so you do the math!

The dates that were quoted by SoyaCincau & WinnieKapala were from around 11-13th and that Samsung was going to have a road show in Penang - Queensbay Mall! *excited*
That led me to check on Queensbay's official website for up-coming events, but to my dismay, no such event was published on their website. Perhaps the dates were just false infomation? or Maybe Queensbay didn't update their website yet?  :( 

Anyway...

Up till now, I've come to understand that the Samsung Galaxy Note has additional features from the Samsung Galaxy SII, which are:-

1) 5.3 inch screen (wider screen)
2) 1.4Hz dual-core processor (faster processor)
3) ~285 ppi pixel density screen (brighter, more vibrant displays)
4) S-Pen (the main star feature) - enabling note pad drawings, jottings, etc

the other features like the camera are the same as the Galaxy SII so that those áren't deciding factors.

Now, the price!
 As of yesterday, the Samsung Galaxy SII costs RM1799 (not tied to any telco company)

And what I've found is that;
1) In India the Samsung Galaxy Note costs Rs34990 which works out to about RM2222
2) In the UK it costs £629 which works out to RM3137
3) Now, in Hong Kong it's selling for HK$6488, around RM2599 in Malaysia
4) In Germany where it was first introduced, the device costs 699EUR whitch works out to RM2993

Arrrggh!! So from the above rough idea of prices, I can roughly estimate the Galaxy Note to be around RM2200 - RM3000 in Malaysia

Which means that it's about RM400-900 more than the Galaxy SII!!!
And mind you, the Galaxy SII was launched in Malaysia only recently in May-June 2011 (barely 6 months)

So the additional info brought me to ask myself more questions:-

1) Am I willing to pay ~ RM 2200-RM3000 for the new Samsung Galaxy Note?
2) Are the extra features worth the additional RM$$$? when I know that, by next year, which is just a few months away, Samsung would probably come-up with something new-er, or Apple would ánnounce another new product.
3) Will I use such features?

What i DO know is that with the features i could
1) update this blog with lotsa pics in a hassle-free way
2) get great pictures with personalised writtings & jottings onto this blog
3) write notes during ward rounds, presentations without losing the papers
4) be more environmentally friendly (reduce use of paper?)
5) can finally try my hand at creative drawing
6) update fb like never before
7) check-in at cool places
8) play games! (er, which are not online lar)
9) read?? magazines, books that have been downloaded
10) also surf at Free-WiFi spot areas

oohh... so many many things I could do...  ^-^

And, as a side...
11) and i can one-up my bro who just bought his Galaxy SII, or show-off to my collegues who have the Galaxy SII.. hehe (too cheeky dy   ^_________^)

And the best thing is (er, sarcastically), I'm sticking to Pre-paid! Yes, if i ever buy a smartphone, i'm still going Pre-paid. I know, it sounds rediculous to many people -__-" but yeah, I've made-up my mind  to stick to Pre-paid. The Post-paid packages in Malaysia are way too pricey for a user like me.

I really don't know what to do now. All I know is to wait and NOT rush into buying the Galaxy SII as yet.
Not until I've checked-out the Galaxy Note and the much anticipated PRICE TAG.

As of now, owning the iPhone is totally out of the question. Btw, Apple is selling their iPhone 4 for RM1799 (the iPhone 4S has not reached Malaysian stores yet)


What do you think? Comments????

No comments:

Post a Comment