Friday 11 November 2011

11.11.11 Samsung Galaxy Note in Penang

Made sure I woke up early today to get my hands on the new Samsung Galaxy Note @ Queensbay!
Got all excited and with credit card in hand, I went to the event - rhymes!
Ok, ok... at the pit of my stomach I had this sense of disbelieve, that everything was going as planned.
I was worried that there'd be a mad rush for the phone because they were giving free phone covers for the first 50 buyers.

Alamak, I was worried. What if they'd all sold-out before i got there? Btw, I reached at sharp 10.05am when they opened at 10am.

So far so good.

There were 'flies' around but still many phone cases still...

but my 'so far so good' turned-out not to be... and my gut feeling was right. There WAS something that wasn't right.

Other than the phone cover being cheap-looking, it was abt the damn phone itself!
Apparently, the advertisement in the newspaper was so misleading@! $&*%&$##%@%

The salesman at the booth told me that the free phone cover was only for those who signed-up for the phone plan. And they DID NOT sell just the phone, YOU HAVE TO BUY IT WITH A PHONE PLAN!!! O-M-G-!!

I woke-up early for NOTHING!

The guy continued to say that if i wanted just the phone, then i'd have to wait till next week or buy from an authorized Samsung dealer at 1st Avenue.

This was really a WTF situation!

I wanted to eat somebody alive for the MisLeading advertisement! Somebody should be held accountable for this!

I tried calling-up Samsung's careline and they denied everything, saying that the special phone cover give-away was by the telco company, not by Samsung.

Then when i called Digi, they said it was by Samsung! WTF- again!

forget it! I've decided that the blooddy phone cover looks cheap and flimzy, so it's not worth buying a data plan just for that extra phone cover. Besides, the most likely situation is that the so-called crystals would probably just fall off anyway! - given that the crystals are studded all way round the back surface of the phone. So, if you're using the phone often with the note pad and all, the crystals would probably take alot of surface scrapings!

ARgh! Stupid advertisement!

But I still like the phone, though.... gonna get my hands on JUST the phone soon... hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment