Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hunger Games

I watched the movie and I got hooked - literally! I simply love the love story behind the whole war-murder-blood-shed-torture plot. The love story and romance surrounding Peeta Mellark and Katniss and Gale all seems so appealing that I was itching to know how the story unfolds for these three, that I read the books Catching Fire and Mockingjay!!!

And read I did! I tore through the two books like it was life or death. Both books consumed within less than 48 hours!! I'm amazing, I know! Even my father couldn't believe his eyes when he saw me for the first time so glued to reading a book. I was never a book-worm. My parents even gave up hope in getting me to read 3 pages of a book, much less a whole book during my growing days. (haha) - ok, i digress.

Back to the books.

The romance story between the cross-struck lovers was simply tearing me to pieces. The way Peeta treats Katniss and vice verce is soooooo damn romantic. He's so right for Katniss.

(Spoilers ahead)

Peeta is so hopelessly in love with Katniss and she doesn't know it until the Games. They way he'd announce it to the world on live TV is so romantic.

And he tries in everyway to keep her alive during the Games, it his expence. And the way she also pledges to protect Peeta is so moving.

What I've learnt from Peeta & Katniss' romance and love story is that any girl would need to find a guy who truely loves her, even more than she knows it. That's the guy i would want.

Here are the romantic bits of the story and quotes I love from the books:

Peeta - "You love me. Real or not real."
Katniss - "Real"


I love the bread story, Peeta's confession to Katniss, the lie about the pregnancy... and the way Peeta just swoons over Katniss at everything she says. Like a love-sick puppy.

The way Peeta holds Katniss every night on the train. How she feels the comfort of his warm arms around her. How she doesn't have nightmares when Peeta's with her. How Peeta watches her sleep at night in his arms. How he doesn't have nightmares when Katniss is with him because he has the comfort of having her with him. (Damn romantic!!!)

Just hate the torture part and the killings and the murders. Especially the Avox bit. Really made me upset. But then the ending in the Mockingjay (book 3) was the best. A good closure.

Peeta & Katniss forever!


1 comment: