Wednesday 28 March 2012

Coffee Lane

Thanks to foursquare, I've discovered a bunch of places in Penang I never knew existed and am itching to try out. Today, I managed to literally drag some people to accompany me on this quest to 'discover' new / old places in Penang.

It brought me to Coffee Lane at King's street. Once u step through these doors the smell of coffee just hits you like a waft of perfume at the perfume counter. Nice!
I proceed to order the Triple Decker club sandwich while my companions have already ordered Chicken chop and nasi lemak respectively.

They did this while I was looking for parking space, which is a huge problem!! Be forwarned that the parking limitations here is ridiculous. It's a wonder how this place can survive without parking availability here. Probably because those that patronize this place work around here. And they only need to make it there on foot.

Left: Ice-cream coffee      Right: Vanila ice-cream in my coffee
Anyway the owner comes over and add to my order a cup of ice-cream coffee as suggested by one of the comments on foursquare. Moments later, it shows up ... my Ice-cream coffee. Literally there's vanila ice-cream in my cup of coffee (RM8.50). The sweet vanila ice creams compliments the bitter taste of the aromatic coffee. But I would have liked a straw in my cup! And I needed to add sugar to the coffee for my liking.

The food arrives and it's ok.
Tripple Decker Club - one of the shop's specialty (RM9.90)
Nasi Lemak - also their specialty & Oriental Chicken Chop (top right)

Take a look :)


I would have liked a receipt from the guy who told me my total bill to pay. I suppose I was taken-a-back by him calculating on the calculator the amount I owed him. SHould have asked for a receipt.

Probably my first and my last time there, since parking is crazy-difficult and it closes at 8pm, and I've
settled my curiousity of the place, because i've been there already :)

Nice place, though.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment