Wednesday 10 October 2012

Gloria Jeans Coffee

Penang has yet another coffee outet selling great yummy coffee. I should wanna call it 'designer coffee'. For starters, the pricing of the drink itself puts it in a totally different category as the usual kopitiam (local coffee shops) found along many a streets in downtown Georgetown :)
And for seconds, these 'designer coffees' are, well, mainly imported beans - which smell great, by the way.
Anyhow, Penangites have now, the choice of Gloria Jeans coffees to choose from, apart from the already many other coffee retailers that have sprouted throughout the island. Yay for coffee lovers...

 Yes, yes, yes, Gloria Jeans has finally come to Penang. It's first and currently sole outlet in Penang is in 1st Avenue, ground floor to be exact. It has taken home in the outlet which was previously Breeks cafe. The latter has since closed down.

Gloria Jeans has been in Malaysia for some time - only mainly in KL. I have seen Gloria Jeans in KL previously and was wondering if they would ever come-up to Penang. Now that it is available to Penangites, I was pleasantly surprised that Gloria Jeans also carries their own line of Lasagna. I was curious enough to wanna try it out.
 
It cost me alot, i remember thinking to myself "this better taste good'. Sorry i can;t remember the price though. But in the end i think it tasted like any other microwaved meal - flat.
A big disappointment on my taste buds.
 
The big safe came from the drinks. I ordered chocolate blended... with cream. YUM! I'm a huge chocolate fan, so no surprise there :)
 
I'm glad that Penang has now many choices of coffee outlets to choose from. StarBucks N CoffeeBean, you've got competition :)
 
There's O'brien, Pacific Coffee, and now Gloria Jeans... aaahhh, choices choices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment