Friday 24 August 2012

Garden @ Jelutong, Penang

There's a newly opened restaurant along Jelutong.


I trumbled across this new place a few days back. Judging from their decor, I just was curious enough to try it out. The decor really reminded me of 'The Garden' restaurant in KL.

They offer a variety of choices, similar to restaurants like Kim Gary and Kopitan. But on top of everything else, they offer steam boat as well!! So without hesitation, I ordered it (since the rest could be found else where)

Their steam boat menu came with 4 choices of soup. Each time, you can have a choice of 2 different soups to cook your food in.

They also give you a choice of ala cart or set. Their set came with a big bowl of processed seafood and vegetables. (Although the full list of what's in the set bowl of processed food was not listed.. and er, the waiters couldn't tell me the full list either) Nevertheless, I took a leap of faith and was willing to be surprised at whatever came in that bowl.... heheh

To my surprise, it was a HUGE bowl! Certainly more than for the 1-3 pax!! Haha... so worth it!! and only for RM23 something for the set 1 (1-3pax)... so worth it :) The set came with the huge bowl as i mentioned and with chicken slices.

And the waitress who recommended Thai Suki soup was spot-on! The soup was really good.



I wanted to try other ala cart stuff on the menu, so I ordered noodles, abalone slices and meat balls.




 
After that lovely steamboat experience, I was looking for some dessert, and wanted to eat ice-cream. Their menu also has many yummy desserts, but I was quite ful and only wanted one scoop of ice-cream.
 
However, they didn't have single scoop ice-cream on the menu, so the boss gave us free one scoop of ice-cream on da house! Wah.. such a generous boss!! Totally un-expected! :)
 
So all in all a very good experience at Garden, Jelutong.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment