Saturday 11 January 2014

Kaffa Expresso Bar @ Green Hall, Penang

 
Penang is a brimming with new and classy café houses. Here, there and everywhere you can see nice and sometimes quirky cafés offering good food and aromatic coffees. One such place is Kaffa Espresso Bar. It is the second outlet in Malaysia and the Penang one is situated at 22 Jalan Green Hall. 
 
Take a look as some of the cool décors...





And not to forget.. their awesome wall art pieces... like the one with four sleepy girls/boys needing coffee...
 
And this massive wall art of the Beatles...

Ringo...

John/Paul and George...
 Like I mentioned earlier, they offer drinks AND food... although the selection for food is limited. I went on a weekend... and there were already many tables taken...Had to wait for my food...

Caramel Macchiato
 I ordered a highly recommended drink (i think I read it on foursq) called the Caramel Macchiato which cost a bomb! It came in a enamel coated metal mug to give it that vintage look. Well, almost all their coffees are served in it. I personally didn't think much of the metal mugs... except that my mug had the enamel chipped off over the rim of the mug and that had me drinking rusty bits of the mug rim.. not a big fan of the mug...  :(

 
Like the name of the drink, this caramel macchiato was light in coffee taste (just the way I like) and sweet salty from the caramel... though on the pricey side..


As for food, I ordered the Spaghetti Aglio Olio with turkey ham. The portion was big (Thumbs up for that) and tasty :) However, I found mine too spicy... could taste a lot of the chilli & black pepper in it...

Loved the interior décor of the place. Environment was relaxing, except when the place gets crowded and noisy...

Check-out their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/keb.greenhall

Another worthy place to visit if you're not on a budget :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment